View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Default Mule Steel Resonator Guitar Thread

I started off five years ago here on the forum when I first hunkered into a basement to figure out how to build metal body resonator guitars. We are now coming up to our 500th guitar. It's been a total pleasure - seeing wonderful players light up when they hear an inspirational sound has been a humble joy. Being a part of that moment is my favorite thing. Inspirational tone is one that challenges you. It's the one that wakes up your ear and your hands. It shows you the ruts you're in- what you usually play may sound dumpy on a resonator. If you're willing to be patient, to hear differently, to explore that initial "What do I do with this thing?" you'll find new players - guys like Charlie Parr, and Jeffrey Foucault, and Doug Wamble, and Joey Landreth and... And then when you go back to your dread or telecaster your ear is fresh and newly informed. A revolving door of inspiration...

I'll be posting build pictures and final pictures here, along with sharing some videos of the guys mentioned above.
www.muleresophonic.com

Last edited by MattEich; 01-03-2019 at 01:26 PM.