View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 10:04 AM

I saw the movie Friday night and enjoyed it. I too am a student of the Battle of Midway and agree with some glaring inaccuracies. Still worth seeing though.

Interesting to know that Hollywood flatly turned down all requests to make this movie.

The Chinese then stepped in and funded the whole thing. You will note at the end that strong mention is made about the Japanese executing over 250,000 Chinese civilians in return for them helping the Doolittle Raiders escape.

Between 1970 to 1991 I often flew my USAF C-141 out to Midway Island on resupply missions . Each time I was truly moved by what went down there in WWII. The old corrugated metal hanger there is still in use and sports bullet holes made during the Japanese attack.

I should note that at Hickam AFB (Honolulu) several of the buildings still have bullet holes from the strafing that went on in the Dec 7, 1941 attack. They have been left there purposely to remind people of what went down there. A close friend of mine was 8 years old and walking down the beach near Pearl Harbor with his dad (a local dentist) that Sunday morning. They were strafed but fortunately the bullets missed. He remembers it vividly to this day.

Last edited by 6L6; 11-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.