View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstep192 View Post
That’s very nice looking both in construction and in artistic design.

What are you planning to use for a finish?

I recall from another post that you weren’t keen on Crystalac, so I’m wondering if you sorted the Crystalac, or found something you like better.
Thanks!!

Well, i'm pretty happy with how this is going and the quality of the build is well above the quality of my finishing that I don't want this to be the "test", i'll either build something specifically to do that or keep going round endlessly with my electric guitar that i've attempted to do 6-7 times and i'm still not happy - all that said, that means i'm planning to send it out for finishing BUT i'm struggling to find a finisher who either isn't a flight away, or isn't charging most of the price of the guitar to do it.
If anyone knows a finisher in Germany or France and can pass on their information, it would be much appreciated.

As far as the Crystalac goes, i haven't had a chance to use it further since my previous attempts. It seems to be OK but as i mentioned previously, I haven't managed to get better than OK results. I may yet test it again, depends if I find or buy something else.
I spoke to Seth Baccus last weekend at the Guitar Summit show in Germany and he is using Nitorlack PU and is getting fabulous results on his electric guitars, so i'm doing some research into their products at the moment.