View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Default saw P!nk last night (mini review and guitar content)

Took my wife and daughter on a roadtrip to Pittsburgh to see P!nk last night.

A few things, in way of review:

She is an amazing on-stage presence and an incredible athlete - she was all over the place, doing her usual trapeze routine while singing, and at one point holding up one of her male dancers.

The highlight was definitely the closing trapeze act around the entire arena where she made a point to "fly" over everyone , about a foot out of reach, waving and saying hi to everyone.

(do NOT ruin my thread with political replies!)

She is very opinionated and has intense feelings about what I will call her "opponents" - meaning the people and beliefs she doesn't support. Unlike other artists, she used this chance to make commentary about the positives of her beliefs instead of the negatives of her opponents. She was adamant against them but never nasty or disparaging. She even showed a video of her beliefs and even included a positive image of someone supporting her "opponent". She was respectful and classy . She was inclusive and not divisive. It was a breath of fresh air.

Her guitarist is Justin Derrico. He plays a Gibson Axcess Les Paul, mostly. He was really good and played very well. A few of her songs were recorded with acoustic guitars and he played his Gibson. I would love to find out his rig setup, because he was either running though a modeling pedal or an acoustic simulator that sounded fantastic. The first time I heard it I thought there is another guitarist somewhere on stage with an acoustic but then realized it was him. It sounded terrific.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240