View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Great breakdown, thanks! In all honesty, is the Wavelength that much of an improvement over most USTs? I know tonally it will be similar but I have heard that it sounds a bit warmer, fatter etc.

The LB6 is a pickup that has always sounded good to me but when I ordered one in the spring, I was disappointed to realize that the length was just a bit more than my Taylor. Definitely not into having anyting down to the saddle slot length.
Petty 1818: Although I've never done a side-by-side comparison, I think "fatter, warmer" describes the difference I hear with the Wavelength. I assume that's a result of the 18V preamp. It definitely has more output than any system I've ever used. I like that because not only is it very responsive by dynamic to touch, it affords a very low signal-to-noise ratio. But yes, but it's still sonically a UST.

BTW, concerning the LB6 and Barbera Soloist, it's not so much the length of the saddle slot that has to be increased with some guitars, but the width of the saddle slot. It requires some specialized tools, but many well-equipped and knowledgeable repair people can handle it.

MrEricJ: I think you right about the Anthem not being as popular with instrumentalists and maybe a bit more friendly to strumming. IMO, it certainly doesn't have the articulation as of LB6 or Barbera Soloist.