View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 10:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent in WA View Post
My sense is that UAD's Luna software integrates directly with Console, so if you want to bypass the separate Console layer, you might consider tracking in Luna even if you're going to export the tracks into another DAW. I've never used Luna, though, so I'm basing that suggestion from what I've gleaned in the UAD forums.
That's never gonna happen for a few reasons...
1. Luna is an incomplete daw. It's missing too many features that are commonplace on other daws. UA is working to catchup, but the quick updates have resulted in odd issues (for example, a recent update has all Wave plugins GUIs showing upside) and I have no patience for any of that.
2. Bouncing tracks from one daw to import into another is time-consuming. There would have to be a really compelling reason to sign up for all that extra work. Luna does not look like a really compelling reason.
3. I have no desire to learn how to use a new daw. I can work pretty quickly in Pro Tools at this point. Luna can only slow me down.

Trading Console for Luna would be like trading the pain in my left butt cheek for a pain in my right butt cheek.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube