View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchase View Post
I guess this is as good a time/place as any for a first post. Yesterday I threw off my laziness and pulled my 2 guitars out of the corner where they've been collecting dust (inside their cases) and string corrosion. I hadn't even opened the cases in a few years and its been much longer since I've played them. But dang-it its stupid to let a Martin D28 (1969) lie fallow, and a Guild Mark II (1977 for $251 incl. hardshell case) whimper for attention. I decided to play the Guild and actually learn some beginner classic guitar pieces. I found some of my old books and am determined if I dedicate playing time each day I think I can get used to playing again.

I've been playing for my own enjoyment since late 1960s. I bought the Martin from my brother for $300 or $350 so he could go hitchhiking around the US. But the neck now has such a bad warp, the strings are just too high off the neck starting around the 10th fret its pretty much unplayable. The nylon string however sounds great and feels fine.

So wish me luck in what I call basically starting over with an old love. I'll enjoy reading posts on the forums. And I still have the Guild price list from 1977 that I made into PDF form; some Guild fans may be interested for history.

John

All the best in your journey!!!