Thread: Kraut OM BRW
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
Love the new set-up, Mau...I hope you're able to bring it to Healdsburg...another beautiful piece...thanks!
Thanks, Bill. The Duet is beyond excellent. I'm still debating whether to keep the mics or trade them for a pair of larger diaphragms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Sounds great.

As the man who convinced me to flog off my preamps and KM184s, I sincerely hope You're not going to make me regret that decision?!

I have a Duet that I use as a Mac soundcard; it's firewire. How are you powering yours from the iPad? I'm assuming you must be using a version designed specifically for the iPad; I must check out Apogee's website.

cheers,
Steve
Hey Steve,

If you listen to my latest recordings of the Kraut and Olson on SoundCloud and compare it with earlier recordings, I'm sure you'll concur that it's a no contest.

I can't seem to drive my pair of AKG C451B hard enough without picking up some weird noise so I'm considering other mics -- but otherwise there's no going back to the MiC.

EDIT: The Duet for iOS must be AC powered in order to function. The device then powers the iPad and provides phantom power to the two inputs.

Last edited by JoeCharter; 05-28-2013 at 07:53 AM.