View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
One comment I'd make about on-line shopping in general, I'd take ANY sales staff recommendation with a grain of salt. There's just no guarantee as to what the motivations are on the other end of the phone.

The best thing to do is research what you want and then go shopping. I love Sweetwater's service and have bought many things from them, about $4000 worth that I can think of right now. One of the critical things to remember is Sweetwater automatically extends factory warranties to a full two years, Yes, I've had occasion to use it after having a recorder develop problems 1-1/2 years after purchase.
I agree 100%, if I have no opportunity to buy locally and online is the only way, I spend a few days scouring the Internet.
That starts with Google which leads to Retailers with Customers giving their reviews and of course Forums. Since I have been a member of many forums I get a bit of the picture from more reliable posters opposed to trolls. This research I do involves many hours of my time and so far it has paid off. Yes Sweetwater does have a great warranty included with purchase and that is a good reason to deal with them. However like you say take a Sales representative's advice with a grain of salt.