View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:52 PM

Default NGD - Martin 000-18

A couple weeks ago, I made a post about not getting along with the Martin sound. I was in the market for a smaller guitar, sometime different than my Gibson, but something I still liked. I went to Wildwood with a list of guitars I wanted to play, and after many trials, I decided on the 000-18. I played some gibsons, some guilds and several other Martins. One thing I confirmed in all this is that I don’t care for the sound of rosewood, Martin or Gibson!

On to the 000-18. It’s a great guitar so far. It does not have the bass of my Gibson (obviously!) but it does have a lot more highs and sounds bright but not tinny like some guitars I have played. I love the size, it’s a great couch guitar! I am not much of a guitar player, but it does sound great with fingers or a pick. One thing I don’t like is that the fretboard markers are really dark and hard to see. The side dots are also small and hard to see. Not the end of the world, but not ideal for me. So far I really like it, and hope to have it for a long time!