View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:18 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. I keep checking back. I ended up playing a handful of Nationals, mixing up single cone and tricone with steel body and wood body, 12 fret and 14 fret. I thought the build quality on every one was superb. I wasn't loving the tuners, though, but I think that was partly due to the fact that the tuning app on my phone was getting confused by the sound from each resonator. The app works fine when I play regular acoustic guitars in a store, but it couldn't handle the resonator sound.

I was pleasantly surprised by the weight of the steel bodies. I had zero issue with the weight. Of those I played, I preferred the NRP steel single cone 12 fret and made an offer, but that got shot down. I have to travel to another city on Wednesday and will play some others there.

Does anyone know what build times are on custom orders? I could easily see an NRP single cone steel deluxe in weathered steel (rather than the stock black rust).

Oh, and I saw Silly Moustache picking Hank's "Rambling Man" and thought it was about time to add that song to the repertoire. I find that simple songs like that give a player a lot of room to improvise. So this search has already brought some benefits and I haven't bought anything yet. Haha.