View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:30 PM

I've tried about four sets of them, among others during the last three months. I run thru a set about every 40 hours or so, or ever two weeks or less.

The good: A really nice sounding set of strings. (I really need to add that I'm speaking about the double wound Masterclass, which more than a couple friends noticed when I didn't cut them... sooo retro!)

The bad: I did notice intonation issues on my Lowden O25, but not as bad as my old standby GHS Laurence Jubers. When I went to some Wyres strings though the intonation issues went away. They also really faded at the end.

For the price, I'm looking the Wyres direction, although I'm still experimenting with type and size. I switch back and forth to different tunings and standard tuning about four times daily daily so that really wears out a set of strings. (Yeah, I wish I could afford a second guitar for alt tuning... I'm trying!) The Wyres strings, who's tone and longevity I like the best also had an achillies heel, that being I've broke two strings in the past two weeks. Including them, I've only broke three strings in the past three years since I started so that could be a problem.

All in all the Masterclass aren't bad. For me I like a couple other brands a little bit better but I don't think one can go wrong with them.
-jay
'98 SRV Fender Stratocaster

Last edited by jay7347; 07-16-2011 at 06:02 PM.