View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
JW, not to break the mood that the thread has sustained thus far, but my experience with Santa Cruz guitars is that some are great, some are not. They're all very well made, and there are no problems with fit and finish. But as with any all-solid wood guitars, the tone will vary from one example to another. I've played some I wanted to own, others that just made me shrug.
Like Wade, I've played several but none that moved me to consider it after 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw3571 View Post
...I've been reading people's reviews on here and other sites about how great their SCGC guitars are. Are they really that great?
What you're reading are people's "opinions" on a specific guitar, or guitars, they've played. There is no guitar make, model or individual instrument that EVERYONE who plays it would agree that it is a keeper. You must check out and play as many as you can and then decide if that specific guitar is for you. I played many Bourgeois guitars before I found one I wanted to purchase. I've played dozens and purchased around 7 different Taylor guitars -and own none. They and I don't get along long term. That sentiment is not shared universally with all guitar player's experience.

Even playing one brand X guitar and not liking it doesn't mean that the brand is flawed or that one wouldn't like a different model of that brand. AS ALWAYS, playing is the key to buying a great guitar.