View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Vibrato View Post
Sadly, my business is not far off from your above description, but add ten years of training under a master repaiman prior to going into business for myself. I'm not in a shack, but my shop is modest..
My statement is not to infer or imply all people that run repair business's from there homes are shonky, far from it.

My point is that with the influx of google searching / forums and online stores such as stewmac, too many people with too much ambition and not enough smarts and no hand skills actually open a repair shop with very little to no knowledge. They are winging it.

Its fine to ask advice on forums and be guided in doing your own home repairs, but if a commercial enterprise needs to ask questions on how to do something via a forum for a paid job, then, clearly we have some issues, first issue, if your a commercial enterprise why are you asking how to do this ????, maybe you really should not be doing it.

This is one of the issues with trades that require no governmental regulation or intervention to license.

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE