View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 04:28 AM

I traded (bad trade at the time) a minty Fender Modern Player Plus Trans black Telcaster for a poorly cared for Yamaha Weddington Special that had a broken blade switch, broken wraparound bridge, broken tuners, and damage to the neck on the bass side that looked like termites chewed a hole in it. Note: never trade in the dark during a snow storm 60 miles from home. Anyway, since the blade switch is a PRS style and costs more than I wanted to spend, and the wiring is way beyond my abilities, I went with a 3 way Tele (ironically) switch, new bridge, new tuners and now for the neck:
I sanded the crap out of it until the bass E string was about to fall off the fret and out of the nut. There was still a hole there remaining, which I filled in with wood shavings and super glue. I fit a new nut and have been playing it ever since. I went ahead and relic'd the guitar for the heck of it. It gets lots of looks and people ask tons of questions about it. The Dimarzio pickups in it sound so good, I couldn't care less what the thing looks like. It plays fine.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 11-17-2021 at 04:35 AM.