View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy View Post
Was re-evaluated today at PT (per Medicare rules)--therapist says that after two more sessions (Mon. and Wed. morning, with surgeon followup in the aft.), my surgeon will almost certainly order me discharged from hand therapy. ROM and grip strength are better than before surgery (and grip strength better than before my injuries). Sure, playing still hurts a bit, but it's definitely doable.

Next gig is a festival (we are headlining!) a week from Sunday. Hoping for sunshine and mild weather! (Before surgery, I'd have prayed for a rainout).
Hi Sandy, as I'm sure you remember, I had hroat cancer lastyeqar and the treatment radically affected my ability to swallow and taste and lubricate, let alone my voice.
We had a year old booking to play at a bluegrass festival at the end of July. I was very concerned about this but really wanted to do it.

I tried to avoid talking to the many caring acquaintance there to limit my voice for the 45 minute spot.

I designed a playlist with instrumentals after every second song, plus Mando Bob singing lead on two numbers. So, eleven numbers, including four instrumentals, and two songs only singing back up, meant that I only had to sing five numbers, plus intro chat etc.

It worked well, and although I couldn't speak for two days after it was worth it.

Soooo, I'm wondering if you could engineer your festival gig setlist in some way to ensure that you appear, but minimise the necessity to play somehow ... might that be possible?

Just a thought.