View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:53 AM

I actually was converted years ago. I have always enjoyed doing my own arrangements of hymns (hence, my user name) for solo offertories in church during a traditional service. I also play in a contemporary servce and find that the nylon string is a great compliment to lots of the things we do, depending, of course on the style of the piece. It really works well with piano, too. I still use my steel string for some of the solo stuff, but use the nylon about 75% of the time. I had a Taylor NS62 I used for a few years, but ultimately traded it for a Martin 000-16SRNE. It has a 1 7/8 fingerboard so is a little narrower than a true classical, but has the traditional cedar top with Indian rosewood back and sides. It also came with a factory Fishman ProBlend installed. I used an old mid-80s Chet Atkins CEC for a while, but just couldn't get the sound I wanted. The Chets are great for jazz, though. Anyway, probably more information than you wanted, but I confirm that I am a nylon string fan when warm and mellow is what you want.