Thread: Sell or keep
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Sell them.
You’re asking for confirmation of something that’s eating your lunch. You have already said why you don’t want to keep them. Letting go can be a very enriching experience, especially letting go of materialistic things.
I've experienced this. A lightness of the heart that comes about once not weighed down by excess stuff.

I almost always feel better after I've sold something. Esp if I've been going backwards and forwards about selling it. You fret so much, then it's gone, and the world doesn't stop. You take a breath and feel better.

p.s. If you really can't bear to sell them, why not permanent loan them to me? I'll keep them safe for you - in a climate-controlled room - , and give them back if you change your mind. Unless I move house. Then you're stuffed

For a more serious version of the above, do you have any friends or relatives that would appreciate them? If the money could be doing some real good for you then cash them in, but if you don't need the dough, would someone else like the guitars? And I don't mean your wife's hairdressers brain-dead 14-year-old cousin that'll put stickers on the front and attempt to play Sex Pistols on them and leave them lent up against the radiator while not in use.

Last edited by RalphH; 01-20-2020 at 07:47 AM.