View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 03:50 PM

I don't know the specific dimensions, but the fret board radius and fret size are very comparable to Taylor. I am pretty strongly imprinted on Taylor necks - they work quite well for me. The Emerald neck works wonderfully too, or I would not have bought anything beyond the first one. Emerald fret work is about as good as they come. I like that the stainless steel frets will certainly outlive me without needing replacement or re-crowning.

Wearing GHS Silk & Bronze for the past week has tamed the harshness to a degree, but not fully. I'm coming to the conclusion that the new X20 is so much brighter because they changed the layup or materials on the top, but have no idea what exactly was changed. The new one isn't bad now for bare nails finger picking, but strumming.... not so good.

The brightness doers not seem to have anything to do with scale length. I have capo'ed at the first fret and tuned down to Eb on the original X20, yielding nearly the same scale length and string tension, yet the richer tone of the older guitar still shines through.