View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 07:00 AM

Hi Wrighty,

I used to play steel and now I play everything on nylon (I'm not a pro and never have been). I used to play with nothing but Hannabachs, mostly because of durability, and lately I've been going with Luthier. Both choices have a lot to do with availability in my area. In the past, I've gotten good results from Knoblochs and I think some kind of bronze-phosphor strings, maybe D'Addarios. Medium tension in all cases. My guitar's a custom-built flamenca and that's what I mostly play on it, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference with strings that are specifically branded for that kind of guitar.

About transitioning, it seems to me that you'd be better off getting used to what you'll be using later on.

If you're new to nylon, you've got a long road ahead of you, but I guarantee that if you steer clear of bad habits, avoid burning out on excessively difficult material and keep having fun, it'll be among the most rewarding endeavors of your life. Of course, I don't know anything about you, but nylon really is worth all the effort. Best of luck and Happy New Year!!!