View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 PM

Do make sure that the manager or GC corporate is aware that the AGF is watching and waiting to see how this resolves. You might even print this whole thread out and hand it to the manager or forward it to corporate.The bad PR that follows isn't worth the small amount they may have to offer to get this right. They are, after all, in the business of selling guitars and can satisfy you in many ways at very little cost to GC.

Again I say, everybody makes mistakes. It's what he does afterwards to correct the mistake that defines the man (or business).

John

P.S. If I remember my law school days correctly, a business that takes possession of your property for business purposes (in this case for repair) has a duty to protect the property under the laws of bailment, and it is a higher duty than one owed for a non-business purpose or by a non-business ( i.e., leaving the guitar at a friend's house for your convenience). The duty is breached if they damage or lose your property. They may have repaired the bridge, but they didn't meet their obligation to protect your property. Two separate issues.