Thread: Medicare
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 05:43 PM

I've been on a Medicare Advantage plan a little over 8 months and it's been very smooth sailing for me.

I have one that has no premiums ($0), gives me $120 per quarter to buy over the counter "medical stuff" (bandaids, pain relievers, heating pads, etc.), Vision and Dental coverage, $2,000 per year per ear for hearing aids ( I only wear one) and a few other things.

Did I mention there's no premium?

As someone above mentioned, Advantage plans vary by location so it's possible what I have may not be available to you but there are many, many different plans available.

And yes, as many have stated, I am limited to only certain doctors who take my Advantage plan. But then, when I had my work-provided insurance the same held true. I always had to tell the front office who my medical insurance was through and there were a few times I was told they didn't take my insurance.

One thing that is often not mentioned about Medicare Advantage plans is that you STILL MUST PAY YOUR MEDICARE PREMIUMS; which for most folks is the Part B part of Medicare.

Having said all of this, it's viral to repeat that the only one who can decide what's best for you is YOU. One of my former work colleagues decided Original Medicare was best for him. Hey, he's not me so good on him!

Like many have said, do your reading and research and take advantage of whatever resources are available to you (like a company HR Office) and remember, Medicare always gives you the opportunity to change your Medicare coverage every October 15.

Best of luck in your search,
PJ

Last edited by Photojeep; 04-16-2023 at 12:25 PM.