View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 02:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Charmed Life Picks Has Now Donated More Than $1300 to Sea Turtle Preservation!

UPDATE. As of March 1, 2024, Charmed Life Picks has donated more than $1300 to sea turtle preservation.

For years I've felt a deep personal calling to do something about the plight of the world’s sea turtles, specifically the Hawksbill Sea Turtle, which has been the sole source of “tortoise shell picks” for hundreds of years. The Hawksbill, even though protected by CITES, has been slaughtered and poached to the brink of extinction. Of the seven species of sea turtles existing in the world today, it is the most endangered.

We wanted to do something about it.

In late 2022, Charmed Life Picks began selling the industry's first sea turtle preservation guitar pick, a fundraising model designed to raise money for the protection of sea turtle habitat. The model pictured above, the stf-1, is the first offering in this series. It is a standard 351 teardrop shape at 1.0 mm, in DuPont Vespel polyimide, a legendary picking material in the picking industry. (Speed bevels are available upon request, for free.) The stf-1.0 will sell for $50, with $10 from every sale being donated directly to sea turtle preservation organizations (a full list to follow). That price also includes free shipping to your door.

We were honored to have our sea turtle program featured in BLUEGRASS TODAY. https://bluegrasstoday.com/charmed-l...ith-new-picks/

These picks were developed to honor my mother, Carolyn Memmer, and in memory of my father, Franklin Charles Memmer, a biology teacher and an early ecologist. Thanks, Ma and Pa.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-22-2024 at 09:33 AM.