View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Looking forward to seeing you in Sept., if the creek don't rise, and some day I'm going to make that threatened visit to Fairhope too. I have a good friend who lives just up the road in Daphne, and fond memories of Gulf Shores that I would like to add to.

C’mon by, Stan.....I’ll leave the light on for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Looking good!

I'm not in the market, and I'm on another continent, but it is always good to spot luthiers that I have not noticed before.

It is some time since I noticed guitars with sound ports. I think I've only ever had one in my hands. It was about 00 size with flame birch back and sides. It sounded surprisingly "big" to me. Perhaps having the sound port in the lower bout played a role there.

Thanks perttime.....I find soundports to be so invaluable, I offer them as standard equipment on all of my guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Boy Joel, that is quite a mess you have been through. The room above the shop looks fantastic. I am glad you are back to building guitars and can't wait to see what you have going for B.I.G. (the return)!!!

Tom, Throughout all of these distractions, I still made time to continue working on my client’s guitars. My inconveniences shouldn’t affect my obligation to them. The two guitars shown above are spec builds, and will be coming to B.I.G. With me unless they sell beforehand. I’ve also designed and am building a brand new double-0 that will make it’s debut at the show. Here’s a teaser:
IMG_5114.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Wow - great work in all aspects - but those two guitars are GORGEOUS!!!
Oh - and the website is VERY well done!

Thank you fitness1.....I hope to have more photos up soon, and then sale listings to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
What a bunch of stuff!!! The kitchen island of salvaged Pine sounds [emoji106] Nice.

Glad to see you back here, too!!!

Nice teaser shots....

I'm along for the ride

Paul

Hi Paul. I’ve worked with some exotics that smell absolutely intoxicating.....and this 150-yr-old antique heart pine sits right alongside of them in that heavenly realm of blissful scents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Holy cow, Joel. That before and after shot is stunning. You made some excellent lemonade out of those lemons. Looking forward to seeing you and your guitars again in September.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I’m looking forward to visiting with you again also.....and seeing what you’ve been creating in that magical workshop of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
I am definitely looking forward to hearing and playing your guitars, my friend.

Hey Mike.....I’m glad you’ll be making the trip once again. Looking forward to visiting with you!!

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS