View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 08:30 PM

I believe this is my 1000th post. There's no better way to hit that milestone than with a comment on an awesome Circa build post. Maple, no less!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_chord View Post
As of now, I’ve played about 1/4 of his entire output.
This is insane. I wonder what his output is now. Based on serial numbers, It's got to be close to 200? If that's the case, that makes your statement even more jaw dropping. How the heck did you get your paws on so many Circas? You weren't even at Slobodopalooza at Schoenberg's a while back...

Quote:
John is currently experimenting with stains to see if he can achieve a transparent or opaque black finish for the neck. That's the only risky thing we're shooting for with this one.
No doubt that John will nail this. For my maple, the neck was a darker hue than the body. So he stained the finish just right on each of the individual components so that it would blend together. I have 110% confidence that he'll crush it for you here. I'm super curious to see what this looks like!!!!

I'm super excited for you. I can't wait to hear one of your awesome videos with this axe. As many of us know, John builds some pretty special guitars, but I feel his maple guitars are incredibly special!