View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

He was pretty honest with me about the fact that he hasn't used that "Cook Shack" spruce on many guitars yet. So I'll be a bit of a Guinea Pig, I guess.

But, he says it's both stiffer and lighter than typical sitka. On the phone I felt like maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to about it, but I followed up with him, and he seems pretty confident that it will be good and meet my needs. Although I'm primarily a flatpicker, I don't need unlimited headroom in an OM, and this seems like it will offer some things that Adi might not. Plus it'll be pretty unique.

When I asked him about the walnut, he said it was a hybrid. And after doing some research, my understanding is that the Oregon Walnut is a hybrid of Black and Claro ( juglans nigra x juglans hindsii): https://gobywalnut.com/blogs/article...n-black-walnut

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)

Last edited by warfrat73; 10-01-2020 at 07:04 PM.