View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh1 View Post
Welcome to the forum Claretman! And thank you (on Ken's behalf) for the kind words. These luthiers really do create playable art. Not only do each of these craftspeople make beautiful instruments, they make such uniquely wonderful sounding instruments. We're blessed to be able to see these guitars being built here, to play them when we come across one of them, and even more blessed when we can have one of our own! And the other thing- I've been so impressed with the warmth and kindness of the many luthiers I have met. It's such a wonderful thing to be able to participate in this kind of community.

OddManOut- Ken says he plans to "hop on the forum" by the end of the weekend and he can answer questions about bolts and hardware. Thank you for the kind of words about the IRW. I do think it's a beautiful wood, but it's not a traditional wood. It's nice to know that others also really like it!

And Ken sent pictures of the fingerboard mockup. I'm quite jazzed about this, as this is Ken's original design based upon a well cover in England that I really like. I think it's beautiful, but it's also very meaningful for me. This custom thing is so cool!

Oh wow, I like that. What a cool design. This is something you saw in England, well cover? Can you explain further. Shows art can be seen wherever we are and choose to look!