View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

As usual Wade, you make a very valid point. Most of the time I am concentrating on The sound of each instrument above all else.
However, There have been numerous times I do take notice and even make inquiries as to the tuners and bridge pins used in a video and or picture. And I especially take notice when I am listening close up. Just recently I noticed that the new owner of a Wilborn guitar had changed nut & saddle materials. It was quite obvious, from bone to a black material. In the video he had bone nut and saddle, and in the picture it was black nut and saddle. And as such I made an inquiry as to why this was done.
But lets face it, 99% of the time it will be either bone or ebony for bridge pins that people and manufacturers use.
And I like to change tuner buttons, so when I see a guitar built with open back tuners, that has screw down buttons I make inquiries about that company.
Of course, you might say my interest in Bridge pins, saddle materials, tuners & tuner buttons is rather excessive, to say the least. ha ha
So while we are on the subject mater, I do have a small favor to ask you Wade. I know you have Schertler open back tuners on at least one guitar if I am correct? Would you be kind enough to check and see if Gotoh buttons fit on the shaft? Schertler seem to be the only reasonably priced open back tuners that have interchangeable buttons. I have been very curious about this.