View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:46 AM

Default **Traded** Martin 0000-41 custom Cocobolo + Italian Spruce

Hello friends,

In my recent attempts to battle a serious case of GAS, I have acquired two guitars with a bit of overlap. In an attempt to maintain goodwill in my household, and free up some cash, I’m putting my most recent acquisition up for sale.

This particular instrument came from The Music Emporium, and they hand selected the woods at 2017 NAMM. The back and sides are a figured cocobolo and the top is Alpine Spruce. I also own a mahogany 0000 with Alpine spruce, and by playing the two side by side I can describe the difference the cocobolo makes. It’s certainly more resonant, with a darker and bass heavy response. The cocobolo is much more dense, and provides a richer sounding tone than the mahogany. The bling is cool too, and the Koa binding is certainly gorgeous.

I recently installed a K&K ultra pure mini pickup, which includes a pre amp and sound hole controls. This is about a $250 value installed.

I’ve traded this amazing guitar!!!

I don’t have any new pictures of the guitar, but can provide those on request. It also comes with a Geib 545E case with burgundy interior. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

https://themusicemporium.com/guitars...italian-spruce

I’ve provided the link to the original TME posting, so you can find pictures there. IMG_6892.jpgAttachment 19056Attachment 19057

Additionally, here is a link the the reverb posting for the instrument.

Martin 0000-41 Custom Shop - Cocobolo https://reverb.com/item/19548758-mar...m_medium=share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martin 1.jpg (42.8 KB, 2756 views)
File Type: jpg Martin 2.jpg (40.3 KB, 2728 views)

2006 Martin M3M George Martin
2011 Froggy Bottom F-12C Deluxe
Goodall GC Honduran Roswewood
2019 Santa Cruz OM Quilted Sapele & Moon Spruce

Last edited by dfordtexas5; 10-01-2019 at 04:35 PM.