View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 AM
AGF Sponsor

That is an interesting anecdote re myself, Wade, Thank You for sharing!

Todd Taggart, formerly the owner of LMI along with Tom Peterson, claims I am their first customer as I was in the room when they bought the business from Bill Lewis lo these many years ago. My point being they've all had time to get to know me. They haven't always appeared joyful when I show up at the warehouse door (one could call me high maintenance when it comes to picking out guitar supplies), but as the years pass I have apparently earned a certain grudging respect.

When Howard noticed I had mentioned his walnut here he asked why I didn't say how it tasted as well. I could have, too! Because the teeth are the hardest part of the body they are quite useful in assessing wood. I did take a little bite (with permission) off an outside corner of Wade's Walnut and chewed it up. From that I learned how relatively hard it is, how long the fiber structure is, and quite a bit about the growing conditions from the acids and tannins I could taste in it's complex bouquet. OK, just kidding about the chemistry part, not that it isn't possible, I suppose. Not kidding at all about the quality of the Walnut, though.