View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
You should see a really nice speed boost from the ssd drives. During the last year I had it, my early 2008 Mac Pro got really moody. I put a bit of money into it but I felt like I was throwing good after bad. I hope you have better luck than I did.
I think I am lucky in that the Mid 2010 6 core was already pretty fast @ 333Ghz and it is one of the oldest machines that with the Graphics card upgrade will be Mojave compatible ( beyond that who knows )
Frankly after doing a fair amount of research to make sure I right Card and adaptor cables, I was pleasantly surprised how easy installing the card was And then what a non issue not having a boot progress screen.

The total cost for card and cables was $207. And the 2 PCIe 1 TB blades and dual blade mounting adaptor will run about $500 so if it works as expected and lasts that $700 is significantly less than even a new upper end Mac Mini by itself not to mention having to purchase an outboard PCIe chassis

Here is hoping

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4