View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the report. I haven’t given a review of my Alix yet. I bought one used in Reverb. I have been a Venue, PADI and Red Eye user for the past few years. I feel the Alix is a step up in sonic quality. I use a Dazzo in all my guitars. It is a passive pickup that is similar to the K and K and needs a preamp. The signal is hot and the Dazzo benifits from the Red Eye and Alix’s 10 mega ohm impedance.

I guess we all have our ways of describing sound. I guess I don’t understand what dry is. But with all my preamps set flat and the guitar plugged in the Alix yields the best clean warm tone followed by the Red Eye, Mesa Rosette then PADI then Venue.

I like how the Alix has an option of a low pass filter. You never know when you find you need that option. The one complaint I have is that the notch filter setting may cut too much of the sonic picture out. The Venue’s notch filter is considerably less noticeable. Everyone will have a different opinion on that. The frequency for the notch filter is adjustable but the depth is not.

So far, I have used it through my ARE Compact 60 amp at home and the system at church. I was very happy with the results. I will post more later.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful