Thread: Mojo needed
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

Glad to get the "Found!" news!! This situation made my heart sink - I can only guess how the OP felt.

To this point, I have never had an issue with shipping/receiving guitars. That doesn't make the angst any less, though.

We live on an island where the Post Office doesn't recognize the addresses on our private streets. Each residence has a Lot Number that UPS and FedEx will deliver to. We have private mail boxes in the owners area; now, get this: the mail box numbers DO NOT match the lot numbers. So, if you are receiving something USPS, you have one address, Fed Ex and UPS is another address. If you put a 4 line address when ordering something, you never know if the shipper will drop the 2nd address line (really, this happens all the time here). I have had stuff go to the lot number that is my private mail box number, and whoever owns that place is rarely there. Last year at Christmas, my daughter and I retrieved two boxes from that other person's steps that got left there (when I saw that the order was "delivered")... I felt like I was doing something illegal. Fed Ex is absolutely the worst with this. The Post Office puts stuff in the wrong private mail boxes all the time.

A couple weeks ago, the Fed Ex driver returned a package to their hub because he "could not find our house." They are numbered sequentially. The numbers are marked on our driveways. When I called Fed Ex, the person who took my call said (this is a quote): "That driver is a moron. I used to deliver to your island - each place is numbered. In order. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience."

Sounds like UPS stepped up to take care of the OP. Kudos to them, a big ol' raspberry to the UPS Store. And, a lesson learned and shared.