View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Did some extensive checking around today and see there are a number of brands of guitars that use essentially this same idea and system. There are also sellers of the internal system that requires installation on whatever guitar you use.

The only external system that doesn't require extensive installing seems to be the Tonewood Amp.

All of them cost about the same $200-$250. So depends on your needs, if you like how it works. If you use several guitars, the Tonewood, but it usually attaches outside the guitar and looks a bit odd--but works great.

Dedicated one guitar person? Then maybe the installed type is attractive.

I did see one thread on with the OF660 where I "think" they were talking about actually being able to place the Tonewood "inside" the guitar because the soundhole was large enough to allow this. However, I'm not sure since none of the photos were visible to me for some reason.

I think for my likes, the Tonewood seems the way to go, but there are NO discounts unless someone happens to be selling used. I'd get one quickly then, but $250 makes me think twice since that is large percentage of the cost of the guitar itself.

Life is passing though. I may splurge as it really appeals to me for personal use vs hauling around a small amp of any kind.
Tonewoodamp also has a lot more tonal variations? Seems to me the way to go? Could put it in any guitar?
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom