View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinLA View Post
Well, it may be rare, but it still is serious and has levity to some of us, and am sure including world renown players, for what should be obvious reasons...Why is nut depth a legit discussion, but mine insignificant ? Making sure our strings have as close to the correct action as can be set, within the panorama of the built-in difficulties this complex instrument comes with by default, to me, anyway, is right up there. IF the board is flat the saddle should be. If not, the saddle ideally should arc with it..But I do at the same time realize it is a rare, lets just say, concern...I do know this: Rockers and jazzers are deep into that (one of which I was, and one of which I still am [Jz.]).
rick-slo Thanks for answering the legit question with a legit answer.
I believe it tapers away at the edges as opposed to a complete uninterrupted arc..I'll do the ruler thing and if questionable in any way I'll report back....
AndreF..When you find it in you heart to answer a question with an answer and not another question, the world will spin that much smoother..M
MarkinLA:
No ill will intended. The Truth is out there! Hope you find it.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann