View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Yes YES! Way to go!!! Sounds sweet and I personally appreciate slow and smooth songs to show off the instrument

Happy 2021

Paul
Thanks Paul, I was trying to leave some space and show the resonance. Tom will be posting the introductory video soon with more videos from Will. There is also a great story about that guitar that I'll tell in due time

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
^ this!

So many times on this forum we get to see zillions of build pics but hear nothing of the eventual guitar. We all know it's no real substitute for having the thing in your hands, but personal clips provide closure and give at least some idea of the sonics...and yours sounds really great!

I'm still enjoying my Sands tremendously. I also got mine at Christmas - 2017 - and the honeymoon is still going strong three years later. It's big sound and complexity has definitely prevented me getting "bored" with it.

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve,

I feel a bit "embarrassed" by the quality of the recording, clearly not deserving of an instrument of such quality. Thankfully Tom also focuses on creating high quality content (both in terms of recording quality and video editing). Thinking about it, as guitar nerds we can be thankful of the time he spends sharing about his work. At least I enjoy it tremendously.
I am currently learning about recording (quite the rabbit hole, but getting there bit by bit), so I'll post more pieces in a few weeks. The guitar should also loosen up a bit, which will be fun to track.

Glad to hear you're still happy with the Sands after three years. I really liked the latest recording you did in standard, I think there is quite a bit of tonal overlap between the MMD and M-12, eg. high overtone content, great resonance and sweetness...
Out fo curiosity, what strings are you using on the MMD?

On another note, you have a Taran in the works right?
Cheers,