View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Well, the Indians are in a "small market" and they have done pretty well over the last few years. This year, the Twins are killing it and they aren't a "big market" team either. Money doesn't equate to winning in baseball. Until the Yankees went back to developing their own talent, all the spending they did got them diddly-squat. It sounds like you have just lost your zeal for pro sports. It's entertainment...nothing more. If you invest more than that in it, you're in for a letdown.
Naw, I'm just sick of greedy owners and players that quit on the team because their agents pollute their minds. I actually feel like the Steelers might make a run of it now that the drama train has left the station. I also think that the Penguins are still relevant despite their fizzle in the first round of the playoffs.

We're talking MLB though. The Pirates have a good farm system but they like to get out of the big contracts whenever they can. Right now they're exciting to watch but come July there'll be another yard sale and people will be saying "here we go again, the Pirates are throwing in the towel and hoping another prospect pans out in spring training. For instance, Josh Bell is in his second season now. He's hitting one out of the park every game it seems, but I know in a year or two he'll be in San Francisco, Houston, LA or NY.