View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
Wow Glenn, that is terrific!!! I am one of those Beatles fanatics and I zero issues with any of this! I would very interested in your recording, mixing and mastering process (and the gear used) but I'm sure that would take you half a day to lay out.....but if you're bored one of these days and would consider sending me a private message with as much info as you are inclined to divulge I would really, really appreciate it! :~)

As a side note: have you ever gone to Vegas and seen the Cirque show "Love" at the Mirage? Great in sooooooo many ways but one of my favorite parts happens even before the show starts. Instrumental tracks (vocals scrubbed) from many Beatles tunes are played through what has to be one of the most incredible sound system anywhere. In the five times I've see that show - which is beyond amazing in every way - (and I'd see it five more times is I could!!!) - I so look forward to listening closely to that pre-show music. As I said, I am a total Beatles nut and consider my ear to be quite good, but each and every time I've heard things that I had totally missed in the original recordings. See that show!!!

Again, thanks for posting this, you have a terrific voice and I love how you get all the elements seamlessly assembled. Keep up the great work!!

Gene Bourque

Cape Cod Acoustics
Hi Gene,

Thank you for your supportive and detailed comments! How nice of you!

I am very pleased that an admitted Beatles fanatic thinks I did okay on this song!!! That's wonderful!

I have been to Las Vegas a few times, but on business in my former job (now retired) as an engineer. I have not had the opportunity to go to any entertainment at Las Vegas. I always thought I might, but then got too tied up with problems to be able to break loose. If I ever go there for fun, I will try to check out that "Love" show at the Mirage.

Regarding my recording setup I record audio to my computer using Cubase and I record video on up to three Canon Vixia cameras. I use a Warm Audio WA-47 for vocals and two Warm Audio WA-84 SDC mics for the guitar. I have a few outboard mic preamps from Warm Audio and others. I use Adobe Premier Elements for video editing.

This video is 3 1/2 years old but tells the story of how I record videos:

If I have left any of your questions unanswered, please send me a PM and I will be glad to respond and help in any way I can.

Thanks so much for your supportive comments, Gene! Much appreciated!

- Glenn

PS: I forgot to mention that I master with Izotope Ozone. I find it does a very good job for me, but I keep it fairly simple.

Last edited by Glennwillow; 01-29-2022 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added PS