View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:51 PM

Well I’m still slacking on some photos, but I did get to put it through a good workout today. All I can say is wow.

I used the amp with a bassist and drummer today. Even at 5w this thing can scream a bit. I didn’t feel I was fighting to be heard, it cut through the mix well and was loud enough for me. That said, the volume and master were both at 10. Surprisingly, with both at ten, it still just had a little bite to it in the drive and the drummer and I both felt it retained a very nice clarity to the individual notes within chord voices. I had the tone somewhere around 7 and I thought it had a very nice mix of highs and just enough low end to not sound at all “shrill” to my ears, which was why I bought it over a Vox. I mostly played the bridge pickup on my Rickenbacker, though I used the next pickup for some finger picking parts and was happy with the sounds coming out of both.

This amp definitely has a nice edge to it, without sounding heavy by Amy means. The build quality is extremely nice and the sound that comes out of it was quite pleasant to me and the friends I jammed with. For the price of the amp it has a very unique and quality variety of tones, the tone knob is quite responsive on it. I really don’t think for what the cost used you could go wrong for a 5 watt all tube combo with a Celestion Vintage 30 in it.
'07 Seagull Artist Studio Burst 12
'08 Norman Protege B18
'08 Rickenbacker 610
‘18 Gibson SG Special