Thread: Neck Hump
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa View Post
I let an instrument sit in a controlled enviroment for anything from 2 days to a week, you cannot just use a humidity pack or something along those lines.

You need to let the guitar sit open in a room that is climate controlled at the least, so that way the fretboard, neck and everywhere else can relax, not just the body internals

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
It's quite possible it will return to it's former self. If the fret ends are sticking out now would be a good time to nip them off. Just follow Steve's advice. One way to get humidification is to set the guitar up on a stand in your bathroom after you take a shower and just close the door for several hours. You don't want beads of water all over it but it's a nice humid environment if you have no other way of dealing with it. If it's still real dry where you are then put it back in the case till you can do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Sounds like you got it dried out so bad that you need to hydrate the fretbaord and neck as well, yes moisture will travel through the finish on the neck. You need the full soak.
Makes sense...when I run a humidifier in my room on full blast, I still don’t see much of a rise if I set my hygrometer on the other side of the room.

So what’s the best method I should use here...run a hot shower and keep the guitar in there for a while? Set it up right next to a humidifier?