View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:40 AM

Speaking of Edwina ... I'd be a lot more concerned with controlling feedback than the price of the Chinese capsule.

If you or someone you regularly play with or a sound man at a place you regularly play at know what you're doing, feedback is a non-issue and you will sound and look great. If you're new to the anti-feedback game, like I was, it's not a "no-brainer" in that department.

Interestingly enough, although I bought Edwina to be my live mic, that didn't really work out due to my inexperience; what has worked out is using her as a studio mic and as a practice mic through phones. You can really hear what you're playing and singing in such a setup and make appropriate corrections. Cause what Edwina's really, really good at is combining voices and guitars. This would be true if the capsule costs 20 dollars or 2000 dollars.

The other thing she's really, really good at is being just plain fun. When you have fun, you play better and you relax more. She reminds me of one of those mojo cheapo guitars like Harmony/Stella/Airline -- if you find yourself playing a good one, even though the sound isn't as technically advanced as a Lowden, for instance, you might very well enjoy playing the Stella more for certain songs than the Lowden.

Anyhow, whether you use her live or in the studio, she's a fun gal to have around!

Last edited by troggg; 01-07-2018 at 12:33 PM.