View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMartinMan View Post
Your quest may result in a great find however, I would NEVER (said loudly) suggest using anything battery powered for live performance. That "oops... I forgot to change the batteries" or bad batteries or will happen..... and could stop or ruin a live performance. Just my decades of live-performance experience.
Valid point obviously but I'm following this thread with interest since I'm looking for something like the OP mentions but with built-in battery. My use case is pretty specific: super-quick setup and teardown for brief sets my duo does (two vocals, 1 guitar 1 keyboard) during breaks for a cover band. I don't need tons of runtime and I'd be popping fresh batteries in there. This is the idea, 2 to 3 9-volts:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1002B

But it lacks reverb. There are a number of small battery powered mixers that "just" mix, others with eq (even if just low/high), but reverb seems to be the killer.

Thinking of using something like the above with an L1 Compact. Sorry for the slight thread hijack, OP is looking for external pack and likely for longer performance than my 15-20 minutes.