View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 08:11 AM

Default McNally OM build, Adi/Cuban: Guitar has landed

In March last year I decided to go with a 00 and an OM from Ciaran. The 00 arrived for Christmas and is being loved and played a lot, so I've managed to hold the anticipation for the OM. Both guitars built with woods supplied by me, a first for me.

It was due to be built in the last batch, but the sides I supplied were pretty slabby and cracked in bending, so the build was delayed until now. Ciaran offered me a range of alternatives, and I was very tempted by bog oak, but my heart was still set on Cuban mahogany. We managed to find another set of old Cuban back/sides as an alternative, but I really like the figure of the original set, which was salvaged from old furniture so is probably around 200 years old, and had an emotional attachment for me.

Luckily, the original supplier managed to replace the sides with a comparable, more quartered set which have survived bending. The adi top is from John Arnold's 2014 ventures into the woods with the Hampton Bros. Specs are a 1 13/16 nut, manzer wedge body and soundport. And off we go!

Last edited by dennisczech; 04-16-2021 at 04:38 PM.