View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:06 AM

Default Luddite looking for guitar (and other) iPhone apps

Hi folks...haven't posted for a while, but I have a question I think you are uniquely qualified to answer.

My wife and I, after years of being confirmed luddites, joined the 21st century club a couple of weeks back by buying our first-ever smart phones (we'd had dumb phones for a few years, for road emergencies and such). We are acclimating slowly and will probably hit up the local Apple Store for a basic tutorial class soon. Meanwhile, in deciding what apps to have on my iPhone, I recall a young colleague who had an app that provided an on-phone guitar tuner. I assume there are more than one or two of these out there, and that they vary in quality, so my questions for you are...

1. What's the best/most useful app (or apps) for acoustic guitar players, either free or worth the price if not free? (And BTW, are the tuner apps accurate? I'm not gonna toss out my Snarks, but having that facility on my phone might come in handy.)

2. What other iPhone apps have you found particularly helpful to have in the non-guitar realms of life?

I don't want to overload on apps. But I do want to make sure I embed true "must haves" on this thing. So your input and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dirk