View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
"Audiophile" is a word that carries so much baggage of snobbery that I sometimes hesitate to identify myself with that word. However, I love good music, I love good recordings, and I love to hear good music and recordings on good equipment Bob
Sums it up nicely

As in all other electronics there are many reasonable good value alternatives to the highest priced "state of the art" type equipment, that certainly can be as good as gets, but also can carry the snobbery for the mere sake of ownership and 'Look what I have" mentality.

Back when I was selling Hi Fi I still could only afford the reasonable alternatives like NAD integrated amp and the smaller Magna Pan spk's. Thorens turntable, and Nak 1000 cassette deck.

Nowadays I have my studio system with Avid Omni interface and converters and Amphion Amp 100 and One 18 monitors.

And I have a home theater type system with and NAD T747 receiver and SVS 7.1 surround speaker system.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1