View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 08:03 AM

I have continued my commissioning/selling frenzy from the last 2 years, having sold off all my other guitars except my favourite, amazingly wonderful 00 by Nick Branwell. For 2022 I am expecting the following commissions:

1) Nick Branwell: Torres first era replica nylon string, 40 year old Italian spruce and cuban mahogany; due in Feb
2) Oliver Marchant (Marchwood guitars), an exciting and meticulous young English builder: 14 fret 00 in sinker cedar and Australian Blackwood; due in Jan
3) John Buckham, an unknown but very talented Australian builder who uses the falcate bracing system: wedge bodied OM in cedar and recycled cuban mahogany from old furniture, the guitar is built, just pending delivery...
4) I've jumped on the Michel Aboudib bandwagon: planning a 12 fret 00 cutaway in Austrian spruce and ancient cuban mahogany, due in May

This is one more guitar than I was planning to have, but I am feeling only moderately guilty I went tonewood shopping and found two cuban mahogany sets that I just haaaad to have, including the ancient set that I sent to Michel. Very excited to be getting some of these in the next few weeks, and hoping that the fire of GAS addiction will be soothed. As you can tell, I have a real penchant for cuban mahogany Dennis