View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Very cool, Michael!

As for some of those other guitars on your list, only the cool kids get to play them.

Ok look, there is access and then there is ACCESS! The fact that you are playing the guitar with a thumbpick while plugged into a wall of 100w Marshall stacks (not shown obviously but I remember the vibrations coming through the floor) is testament to that fact.

Great to hear from you JT - I hope you're well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
All I can say is You Deserve this Guitar! And this Guitar deserves your incredible style of playing.
Looking forward to hearing the new tunes this guitar will bring out of you. Even the tiniest differences between guitars, lead to new territories of creativity.
Can't wait to hear you play it. A super big Congratulations.
Approximately how long will it take to be built?
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. I've certainly found Casimi instruments to work on a completely different level to anything else I've played in terms of nuance, spectrum and power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
This is very exciting news, Michael!!

Having watched the video a few times, I remember your trip to South Africa quite well. You've certainly found a killer team to build your first new guitar in quite a while. And while the Casimi cutaway is a thing of great beauty, so is the non-cutaway mock-up.

(By the way, I've never seen a guitar strung .053, .042, .032, .032, .042. and .053 low to mid to low, but I guess a man of your stature knows a guy who knows a guy who can source esoteric sets for the discerning player...)
Ha ha! Yes, the search for symmetry in all things continues to frustrate me, I may have to "compromise" with a standard set of Elixirs...
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.