View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsc View Post

-Mike
Looks like the blue print

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikie View Post
This is an incredible collection. Pure art.

Michi Matsuda is the most creative luthier alive. He is an artist and is able to work with wood like no one else.
He's following the influences of his mentors Ervin Somogyi, Taku Sakashta and others but with his own personality/creativity and purity.
I have played some of his guitars over the years and in my opinion his tone is more consistent than ever and as espectacular as the designs.

Congratulations having those guitars in the same place to try and compare and hope that you find the perfect new home for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
II can only agree that Matsuda is a guitar making genius and there is no idea that he cannot turn into a guitar that breaks every pre conception of what a guitar should look like. He is undoubtedly the greatest of Somogyi's ex students and the one who has gone the furthest to develop his own aesthetic style that is totally different form his former master's style.
Agreed guys! Matsuda is an absolute genius and I stand by it that if he were selling "Art that looks like guitars" instead of "Guitars that look like Art", his creations would be fetching much much more. Having put that in perspective, his guitars are arguably some of the most value for money things you can buy!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420