Thread: Godin Quantum I
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterX View Post
Wow - There are a lot of negative comments about the Quantum pickup system that are not in line with my own experience!

To the original poster: Don't believe anybody who says, "I've heard..." or think they know the pickup system because they took two minutes to do a Google search and don't like the looks of it. It is a great system.

I have played guitars with QI and owned a guitar with QII for years. The Quantum II was one of the best hybrid pickup systems I've ever used. It was always easy to quickly dial in great tone at any venue and the pickup system was one of the main reason the Seagull Artist became my "go-to" fingerstyle guitar for gigs. I gave that guitar to my daughter in favor of a Godin Multiac for live work, but it wasn't because of the Quantum pickup system!

I have never been disappointed with any Godin product and I'm sure you will be happy with the Quantum I. (It's just the Quantum II without the mic and blend controls.) Good luck.
To RoosterX. Everyone obviously has there own opinion but please understand that I didn't do any google search. I've played both versions of the Quantum, and run sound for other players who had the unfortunate luck of being convinced by either Godin or a salesman that the Quantum was something special, and so purchased it. It's harsh and in you face just like other UST's, and the mic is a very generic sounding mic. Even through a very high end PA I was never able to get a decent sound. 25 years of experience, specifically with acoustic guitars and pickups. I've had experience with nearly everything. It sounds like you are pretty much all Godin for what ever reason. I'm just trying to be helpful to a fellow player. Friends don't let friends, well you know!