View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
This is uncalled for. People that are inexperienced and people that live in other parts of the world do not have access to high-end US builds and more often than not, they are financially out of reach due to 1) They are expensive, even to many who live here and 2) Import fees and tariffs add to their already relatively high cost.

Not to mention the fact that Martin's warranty wouldn't even be applicable there.

A lot of people think that guitars having similar specs make some guitars comparable to what the big three produce. In some cases they are right, in most they are wrong.

I would also add that if you have never played the guitar in question, you cannot reasonable and accurately answer the OP's question.
thank you roy, you feel me.
I cant even try a single d18,d28 in my country, i have to import it from singapore. Maybe another city in my country have mexican martin, dx series or something, but i dont want it. If i gonna take martin then i prefer the usa one.

Also not to mention to get the d28, i have to save a whole annual salary. Lol. And not sure how to setup the guitar to my liking,shipping damage, high tax for luxury items, and the guarantee, etc. Most sad thing is i cant try an expensive guitar (for me) im gonna buy, except i took a flight to singapore (nearest country that have martin standard series).

Just curious if someone have tried them both and share some opinion, its 850$ vs 2800$, big deal for me now.

Last edited by slianto; 03-14-2017 at 07:13 PM.